Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Giving Thanks

Our family just came back from a wonderful trip to visit family over Independence Day (pics soon)! It was nice to have a few days to relax and just enjoy family. In a way, I think it re-energized us for the week ahead. We had some really great conversations with family and friends about the adoption and it always encourages us to see their excitement as well. This week Josh and I have appointments to get our TB tests done and our background checks and fingerprints at the police station. This week is also our garage sale to raise funds for the adoption. God has provided in big (huge) ways for our garage sale that begins Thursday at 9:00. (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm). We are so blessed by family and friends that are willing to donate items for our garage sale. I literally can't believe it. We have baby toys, clothes, bikes, desks, furniture, chairs, and the list goes on! We cannot begin to express our gratitude to those that have donated items. My wonderful mom is also coming down to help out and as a special treat my grams is coming with her! Our wonderful friends, Mark and Amy, have also given of their time to help us with the sale (what would we do without them?). We are praying for good weather this weekend and most importantly that through our story perhaps we can share a bigger story. The one about how God redeemed us and that now we are part of his family forever. I'll leave you with the lyrics to a song my husband shared with me this week that "hit home" for me.

"Peace Be Still
" by Rush of Fools.

Come to Me, you who are weak

Let My strength be yours tonight

Come and rest, let My love be your bed

Let My heart be yours tonight

Peace be still, Peace be still

Please be still and know that I am God

And know that I am God

Come empty cup, let Me fill you up

I'll descend on you like a dove tonight

Lift your head, let your eyes fall into Mine

Let your fear subside tonight

No comments: