Thursday, October 20, 2011

Just checkin in!

     I realize that its been awhile since I've written.  Life has been slightly ridiculously busy lately.  We've had several weekends out of town and visitors and work and...well you get the drift. Just life!  I do love this time of year.  We made sure we had a chance to go to a pumpkin patch (with Aunt Amber!), make apple pie, and do up some applesauce.  It just isn't fall without fresh orchard apples, which by the way I 'm learning are way easier to find up near Amish country than around here!!  It certainly is fun to do these activities with Amaya now that she is older and really looks forward to doing them.  She calls our trips "field trips" and will say, "wow mommy that was a good field trip!" This weekend Josh and I have a chance to get away and are attending the Marriage for Life Conference.  We are excited about the weekend, however I'm just a tad nervous about our little girl's first weekend away from us! I'm sure she'll have tons of fun with the grandparents, but I have a feeling I'll be texting a lot to see how she's doing (um, what did I do before texting?).  I'll be sure to let you know how the conference goes.  Hopefully after this weekend, life will return to a slightly slower pace than it has been the last few weeks.  I'm not sure I can keep up much longer.

     Life in the adoption world is going slow but well. There was another infant boy referral just last week!  PTL! This means we moved down another slot on the list.  We're still somewhere between numbers 5-10 and are praying that things keep moving along and that we see some more referrals. Please be praying for some girl referrals as well. There just haven't been many this year and the people on the girl list have been waiting MUCH longer than originally planned. We appreciate all of your continued prayers. Not only for our little guy, but for the many orphans around the world that need a forever family. Please pray that things in Ethiopia would continue to keep moving, that families stuck waiting to pass court or to clear Embassy would have peace in the wait and that their wait would end soon.  We know God's timing is perfect, but when you have a child 24 hours away its just plain difficult for families to be away from their children.  Thanks for praying! To end I'll share a verse from Isaiah that helps me to remember that God is working and he is making a way. We just need to trust him.  He can move mountains. 
Isaiah 43:19 
19  Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert.


No comments: