Saturday, March 21, 2009

Leaning on the Everlasting Arms

I've always loved the fact that my Grandma can sing all of the words to a hymn just when you need to hear it most. Maybe it's to calm your nerves, or maybe to remind you of Christ's amazing sacrifice, or maybe to lift your spirits, but whatever the reason it instantly reminds you to look upwards and not inwards. There are often times that these same hymns that I sang over and over as a kid come to mind. Today as I was thinking about going back to work on Monday "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms" came to mind. The lyrics of the last verse read, "What have I to dread, what have I to fear, Leaning on the everlasting arms? I have blessed peace with my Lord so near, Leaning on the everlasting arms." I certainly can't do anything alone and I must remember that God is with me no matter what the circumstances. This may seem very simple, but the truth is...I need simple! I need to remember that fact that in my weakness it is Christ who is strong. He's the one I can lean on and He's the one that I can ask for strength! So alas, work begins on Monday and I thank God for my job. I thank him that I work with some awesome people that will make this week easier and I thank him for a wonderful person to watch our precious little Amaya Grace! Praise be to the God our Father!!! Here are a few pics I took of Amaya this week while giving her some "tummy time." We spent some mommy/daughter time on the floor and just laughed and played. I thank God for those times! Leaning, Leaning...Leaning on the Everlasting Arms!













2 comments:

Tricia@onceamonthmom.com said...

I will be praying for you this week. Monday will be hard, Tuesday, probably hard again, Wednesday, same deal, okay the whole week will be difficult - emotionally, physically, spiritually. It is okay! Give yourself permission to be "off" this week. Give yourself time to adjust and don't expect too much too soon.

You are right to focus on all of the wonderful blessings that God has given to you during this transition back. Focus on them and don't try to be everything. . .

KRunyon said...

I was just praying for you last night and the prayers will continue as you finish up the year. God will supply all your needs.