Sunday, April 17, 2011

Are We There Yet?

A fellow adoptive mom wrote this on her blog about the emotions we go through as a waiting adoptive parent, and I just had to share because it is so true. This is exactly how it feel sometimes and I'm so glad to know that our Father is in control.

"It's funny, I'm starting to feel like the kid in the back of the car during a long road trip. How many times will I say "Are we there yet"? I don't have a clue how long the trip will take. I don't have a clue how we'll get there. I don't know the directions, haven't seen the map ... but I know my Daddy is driving and that means, I can trust that we'll get there someday. I may get bored or frustrated along the way. I may begin to loose heart and need a break. Every once in a while, I will throw tantrums and we'll need to stop the car and readjust. BUT ... in the end, I don't really need to know anything other than the final destination will be worth every moment. I know my Daddy has prepared an awesome destination ... why else would he drive so far! So, today we wait another day. And yep, today, I woke up thinking "Lord, are we there yet?"

1 comment:

jkseevers said...

I hear ya, Tami. It's getting closer every day, though... His timing is perfect!! Hang in there;)
Katie