Sunday, July 10, 2011

myWaterProject

Our sis, Ali Rogers, is raising funds to help provide clean water to people in Africa. The Water Project, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that's bringing relief to communities around the world who suffer needlessly from a lack of access to clean water. Can you imagine having no water? Walking miles just to find some clean safe water? God has given Josh and I such a heart for those in Africa and we were able to visit Kenya, Africa in 2007. This trip began our deep desire and passion to love on the people in Africa the way that Christ has called us to help others. This led us to the desire to adopt our son from Ethiopia (we're getting closer!!). We wanted to share a little of our sister's heart about Africa as well and give YOU the chance to help raise money to provide clean drinking water to those in need. If you like to read more about The Water Project or give financially you can click HERE. The goal is to raise 1000 dollars. On this page Ali shares a little of her own heart as well so we didn't think she'd mind if we also shared that here with you. Ali writes,

"I have always had a heart for Africa. There is one place I have always said I wanted to travel to in my lifetime. That place is Africa. Why? The answer to that question is something I can not answer on my own. I truly feel as though God has put this in my heart in hopes that I can grow and develop by means of the African people. Not only grow because of them, but be a light to them.

I have been blessed with the opportunity to travel to Rwanda and Uganda in the Spring of 2012. Through the Go-Ed Africa program, I will spend a semester living among people who are so full of life and have a different outlook on life. I know that God will use this opportunity to not only help me grow in my faith, but also help me to develop some of my own opinions and view on issues that i have been sheltered from over the last 19 years in the chocolate bubble.

In addition to the love for Africa that God has put in my heart, my oldest brother has been active in the adoption process for the last year. Through America World Adoption, my brother and sister-in-law are patiently waiting to bring home their little boy from Ethiopia, Africa. We don't know who he is or what he looks like yet, but we do know that God has his hands around him, whoever he is.

God is great! It is hard to say why he does the things he does, but he has a plan. In Jeremiah 29 verse 11, it says ""For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." If we knew His plan for us, what would be the point in putting our trust and faith in Him?

God has big plans for both me and the people of Africa. I don't know where my heart will be lead to in the next year, but I am excited! The impact that these donations have on the people of impoverished countries can help make an immense difference. We have the luxury or flipping a nozel that streams fresh water. I think too often we take things like water for granted. Please help support the Water Project and provide fresh water to those who are in need. Any donation you are able to make would truly be a blessing to the people of Africa."

in His Grip,

Ali


No comments: