Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sweet Sixteen

Today is completion of the sixteenth month of waiting since our paper work arrived in Ethiopia. And like any sweet sixteen celebration, we are filled with incredible anticipation of what new things await us. Each day of the passing weeks I am certain will only get more and more difficult as we wait for the call.

So as I sit in my house on a snowy Sunday morning watching Tami and "A" play the piano, I am can't help but reflect on God's goodness, faithfulness and provision.

Did we expect that it would take this long and our son still would not be home?

Certainly not! After all when we started this process the expected wait times were only 3-5 months. But even I write this I am reminded of the words penned by Isaiah (55:8-9):

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.


And all I can think is "Hallelujah!" I mean seriously how often in my short sightedness and desire for the convenience blind me to things so much greater.

So as the continues my prayer is that we take the attitude of Job (42:3-6) who after incredible trial and tribulation said to the Lord:

“I know that you can do all things,
and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’
Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.

‘Hear, and I will speak;
I will question you, and you make it known to me.’
I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear,
but now my eye sees you;
therefore I despise myself,
and repent in dust and ashes
.”

1 comment:

Tiffygator said...

Hey! We're not quite DTE buddies, but close! We were DTE 11.12.10. Praying for you in this wait. You're getting so close!