Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wait times increased

Well we received the e-mail yesterday that we were kind of expecting, but didn't really want to see!  The wait times for an infant male referral have been raised to 14-18 months.  The sad news? We continue to wait.  The good news?  We've already been waiting 15 months so at least we're still in the window! This is the fifth time that the times have changed on us so by now we are a little used to it.  The reason for the slow down in Ethiopia has A LOT to do with paper work and clearances for the children.  Our agency is WONDERFUL about making sure ALL of the paper work for an orphan is in place before they refer the child to a family.  This is a very good thing.  So, what does this mean for us?  It means we continue to pray and trust in God's timing.  Our God is GREATER and our God is STRONGER.  Our God is HIGHER THAN ANY OTHER.  He is in control.  Please continue to pray!!  Pray for the walls to be broken and that more and more orphans would find forever families.  This is a spiritual war for sure and we need to continue to pray. The words to one of my favorite songs we sing at church are listed below.  My favorite part says, "All of my life, in every season, YOU ARE STILL GOD. I have a reason to sing.  I have a reason to worship."  Keep the prayer up folks!!!! KEEP IT COMING. 

Desert Song by Hillsong
Verse 1:
This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides

Verse 2:
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

Chorus:
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

Verse 3:
And this is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

Bridge:
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

Verse 4:
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow

No comments: