Sunday, September 21, 2014

This and That

Just a little on life these days...

We now have a milk man. Holy goodness this milk is delicious.  
He also delivers chocolate milk and orange juice. YUM

We took the kids out to celebrate Brandt's 2 year anniversary of the day we picked him up in ET. We asked him what he wanted. Of course he shouted, "pizza!"  We laugh so hard at how much he loves pizza, because he absolutely hated it when he first arrived in America!  We are a little fearful at how much pizza he can put down.  What will it look like when he is a teenager?  Help!


This girl is growing up too fast.


If Starbucks stands beside the pizza place, it is assumed you also go to Starbucks to get a treat!


The kids and I went to see Dolphin Tale 2.  There were reclining seats. 
 I think I could have just taken a nap right there in the theater.

To me, the beginning of September equals fall candles, pumpkin flavored everything, 
and making lots of food with apples.  Amaya helped me whip up an apple pie. 




So far I've done 2 crockpots full of applesauce. It isn't the quickest way to make my applesauce, but until I get that nifty Kitchen Aid contraption it'll have to suffice!  I"m hoping to make a lot more!


This year was my very first experience with snow in September.  It gave me a good excuse to break out my new sweatpants from Breck.
They are ridiculously comfortable and were a great find.  
Don't you just love my pink comfy socks?  
Needless to say it was 80 degrees again the very next weekend. 



I"m trying to step it up a notch in the running department. My goal is run a 10K sometime soon.  Our neighbors let us borrow their treadmill, which means I can run in the middle of the week.  I've also upped my weekend runs to 4 miles.  I'm still pretty slow, but I decided to concentrate more on distance right now than speed.


These two love our Saturday morning runs as a family. I loved how they held hands after our run this weekend.  They love each other (most days).


Josh ran the Tough Mudder again this year! From what I can tell, 
he had just as much fun (crazy right?) this year as last!!




The kids began Awana a few weeks ago. This guy was proud that he learned his first Bible verse!


We love fall soccer! It is getting more fun as the girls get older and learn more 
about how to play the game. 

He picked out this shirt to watch the soccer game. Proud mama.

We attended our first Colorado Rapids game!  We are definitely going back again.


Thanks to my awesome husband the gutters are clean, the grass is mowed, and the garage is clean!  He always gets that look when I say, "I thought we could organize this weekend!"  I think he secretly want to run away, but he knows how happy it makes me. 


That is a little of what is going on in CO this month!  I really do believe that God has been teaching me more and more each day that life is not all about me.  Being a servant isn't just a once a week thing. It is a way of life.  It is making sure that life is focused on others (my husband, kids, neighbors, and those I see every day) and not on myself. That is so much easier said than done, and there are many days that I fail miserably.  After being here 8 months I expected to know WHY God had us here and to feel like it was worth it TO ME.   I felt him whispering to me in church today saying, "wait and trust. Start focusing on who you can serve instead of why you are here and how much you miss home. Focus on the fact that It Is Well and be still" So, I'm praying that God can help me do just that.  I'm thankful for His grace and the fact that He knows I will not be perfect.  I might mess up a lot but I'm praying that He can use me through it all.  That being said, I've been listening to this song a lot. In fact, I bought the song the very first time I heard it.  I love the words and the message.  Until next time!
Tami






No comments: